Town of Stoddard, NH

Minutes of meetings of the Board of Selectmen

A complete record of all the Selectmen’s minutes is available at the Town Offices (Gould House).   The Administrative Assistant is available in the Selectmen's Office on Monday from 1:00 to 6:00pm and on Wednesday & Friday from 10:30 am to 4:00pm.   Minutes of the meetings are posted at the Town Offices (Gould House) door, and on this website.

SELECTMEN'S MEETING MINUTES OF JUNE 25, 2012

Submitted by stoddard on Wed, 06/27/2012 - 7:16pm.

SELECTMEN'S MEETING MINUTES

JUNE 25, 2012

 

The meeting opened at 7:00 PM with the Pledge of Allegiance.

 

Attendees included Arnie Stymest, Selectman, John Halter, Selectman Chairman, Louis GrandPre', Selectman, Harry Power, Compliance Officer, Jim Coffey, Town Administrator and Patricia Putnam, Administrative Assistant.  Several attended the meeting as on lookers.

 

APPOINTMENTS

            7:00  Harry Power - presented Dauphin building permit application to construct a 10 X 6 room with less than 25' set back from all property lines.  A variance for the set backs has been approved by the ZBA and he has signed it.  The board approved the permit

           

TO BE SIGNED/APPROVED

  1. Payroll Manifest
  2. Accounts Payable Manifest
  3. Minutes of June 18
  4. Bond Hearing of June 18
  5. Discuss Veteran's Tax Credit(s) Application  - these applications were approved with the stipulation that the credits be applied to the current year's taxes, due to the applicants not being aware the credits are available.

The board approved all the above.

 

OLD BUSINESS

  1. Gould House Correspondence from Chief LaMothe - John Halter read PJ LaMothe's letter with the order that the Gould House be closed immediately, due to storage remaining in the building, eliminating meetings to be held there.

Arnie Stymest read a letter from Architect Monahon, dated 5/17/2010 addressing the issued in the Gould House at that time.

Jim Coffey suggested the town rent a waterproof storage trailer to get the stored items out of the house.  John Halter thought fireproofing the basement would be cost effective for further, allowed storage.

Louis GrandPre' reported he spoke to Architect Monahon today and he mostly agreed with the Fire Marshall.

Harry Power said fireproofing the basement could be accomplished in a couple weeks.

Amy Rokoszak accused the board of selective persecution and called for the town to stop the Fire Chief from ignoring the house next to the Gould House and the house across from Island Pond with the built up storage of garbage, which make a more dangerous situation

John Halter thought the plan to get the storage trailer and fireproofing the basement made sense.

Amy Rokoszak called for John Halter to address the constant complaints on the Gould House.

Mike Oldershaw said to forget the storage trailer and finish the fireproofing of the basement in the next 2 weeks and to install a dehumidifier to prevent molding on the records stored there.

John Halter said Mike Oldershaw's ideas make perfect sense and to have completion of the electrical repairs. 

Louis GrandPre' called on the Board to honor their agreement with the Library to keep the books in the Gould House until 7/28/2012 when their book sale is scheduled to take place.

Kurt Taylor said he would donate a dehumidifier for the GH Basement.

John Ciriello added that the Fire Department should be brought up to date with what is planned to address their concerns.

Harry Power reminded the board that they are in control, as enforcement agents, and are acting in good faith to correct the issues that should satisfy the Fire Department.

Dean Huber plans to continue on working on the ugrades to the electrical service.

Mary Lou Stymest reminded the board that the Town of Nelson is now operating out of offices in a mill in Harrisville, to make space to correct the issues in their Town Hall.

John Halter, referring to the list of deficiencies in Nelson, reported that Nelson had known for 4 years that corrective action was needed.  He also said the Department of Labor should be sent a letter outlining the town's plans for correction.

Louis GrandPre' remembered that the board had agreed to leave the books through 7/28/2012 and the board agreed, noting that other space would have to be found for next year's book sale.

Dean Huber asked if he should run wires to accommodate air conditioning units.  The units will be able to work on the 120 volt lines, with each being able to run 10,000 - 12, 000 BTU units.

Mary Lou Stymest reminded the board that there is a ceiling fan in the north room with the vaulted ceiling, which should help out with air conditioning.

Arnie Stymest suggested considering moving the cellar stairway from the north room to under the stairway that leads upstairs to allow expansion in the north room to store required supplies, license plates and registration stickers.

Dick Briere said he has a plan that will cost $2,500 to install a cement block wall to hook up with the existing furnace room to allow for storage.  It was Monahon's idea to move the stairway to under the second floor stairs.  That plan would allow the ceiling of the basement to have required fire rating and will have enough room to store the entire building storage contents.

John Halter said the board is seeking swing space if all other issues are fixed in good faith if Article 3 is passed on July 10, 2012.  If voted to do the Town Hall repairs, the board needs to act quickly to have the building emptied of items the staff will need during the reconstruction which could be 6 to 8 months.

Richard Gariepy asked if the letter from the Fire Marshall has the town complying with sorting of books and not holding any meetings in the Gould House until storage is found elsewhere.  The board agreed it did.

  1. Letter from SWRPC to Mr. Dale Smith relative to recently completed Phase I Environmental Assessment was noted.
  2. Discuss June 27 meeting, if necessary, with FEMA no action was taken
  3. Discuss continuation of Town Meeting - reviewed the plan for 6/26.

 

NEW BUSINESS

  1. Letter from DOT concerning the elimination of the traffic light at the Junction of Granite Lake Road and Route 9.  Jim Coffey reported that the State has chosen light at the intersection of Granite Lake Road and Route 9 for elimination in their search to find items to have cost saving measures.  The board felt that the light is necessary and will explore being able to pick up that light on the Town's street lighting program.

Louis GrandPre' and David Vaillancourt are planning on attending the State's DOT informational meeting.  They will explore the cost of the light and if the town could pick it up and will talk to PSNH on the plan.

  1. Well sampling results, Eaton's Store fell below the legal requirements in all the testing samples the State took. N This is good!
  2. Identification letter for Tammy Jamison, Assessor - agreed with the letter.
  3. Abatement forms were signed for refund of 7 taxpayer's tax bills.  The assessor denied one application.

 

OTHER CORRESPONDENCE

            None

 

OTHER ITEMS

Mary Lou Stymest asked if the town could return to the Town Hall, after repairs are complete, for voting.  She reported that the folks that work on voting days hate the school's facilities.  The problem of where to park has been solved and ADA will be upgraded at the Town Hall.

 

ADJOURN  Louis GrandPre' moved and Arnie Stymest seconded to adjourn at 8:50 pm, the board agreed.

 

RESPECTFULLY SUBMITTED

 

 

 

 

Patricia E. Putnam

Administrative Assistant

 

 

APPROVED

 

 

 

_______________                    ________________                 _________________

John Halter                               Louis GrandPre'                       Arnie Stymest

 

SELECTMEN’S MEETING

AGENDA

JUNE 25, 2012

 

 

 

 

APPOINTMENTS

            7:00      Harry Power, Building Permits

           

TO BE SIGNED/APPROVED

  1. Payroll Manifest
  2. Accounts Payable Manifest
  3. Minutes of June 18
  4. Bond Hearing of June 18
  5. Discuss Veteran's Tax Credit(s) Application

 

OLD BUSINESS

  1. Gould House Correspondence from Chief LaMothe
  2. Letter from SWRPC to Mr. Dale Smith relative to recently completed Phase I Environmental Assessment
  3. Discuss June 27 meeting, if necessary, with FEMA
  4. Discuss continuation of Town Meeting

 

NEW BUSINESS

  1. Letter from DOT concerning the elimination of the traffic light at the Junction of Granite Lake Road and Route 9.
  2. Well sampling results, Eaton's Store
  3. Identification letter for Tammy Jamison, Assessor

 

OTHER CORRESPONDENCE

 

 

OTHER ITEMS

 

 

SELECTMEN'S MEETING MINUTES OF JUNE 18, 2012

Submitted by stoddard on Wed, 06/20/2012 - 6:03pm.

SELECTMEN'S MEETING MINUTES

JUNE 18, 2012

 

 

The meeting opened at 7:00 PM with the Pledge of Allegiance.

 

Attendees included Arnie Stymest, Selectman, John Halter, Selectman Chairman, Louis GrandPre', Selectman, Harry Power, Compliance Officer, Jim Coffey, Town Administrator and Patricia Putnam, Administrative Assistant.  Several attended the meeting as on lookers.

 

APPOINTMENTS

            7:00 - Harry Power - presented 3 building permits for approval

                        Faulkner for updates to Davis House

                        Howard for a deck

                        Wheeler for a deck

            All were approved.

Recess Selectmen's meeting to open Special Bond Hearing

John Halter moved and Louis GrandPre' seconded to recess, the board approved.

Reconvene Selectmen's meeting

John Halter moved and Louis GrandPre' seconded to return to the Board of Selectmen's meeting, the board approved.

 

TO BE SIGNED/APPROVED

  1. Minutes of July 11, 2012
  2. Island Pond Association Annual Meeting
  3. Accounts Payable Manifest

All items were signed.

 

OLD BUSINESS

  1. Discuss recent Gould House inspection - the recent visit to the Gould House by Architect Monahon, Louis GrandPre', Arnie Stymest, PJ LaMothe and Dean Huber, was reviewed.  Louis GrandPre' said there is a lot of records on the second floor because they are structurally unsound for any use. In addition two items came to light.  The only room, which is in a condition to be used by limited sized groups (no more than 15 people), is the northern most room with the sliding doors.  Monahon said the books in the Yellow Room must be removed.  John Halter said what has to be done to the first floor to make it compliant for swing space, should start with replacement of the 100 AMP service to a 200 AMP service.  The possibility of using the old fire station for storage but it was determined that that space is far too damp to store records and boxes of things.

It was decided for Jim Coffey to issue a purchase order against current budget for Dean Huber to begin the repairs, after Mr. Huber makes an estimate of expenses.

Richard Gariepy presented a letter from the Building Committee that indicated a majority of the committee has voted to support Article 3 at the Town Meeting.  He also said there should be signs made that indicate that the Red and Yellow rooms are not to be used at all due to inferior wiring.   (Those signs have been created and posted.)

Jim Coffey reviewed the budget and there is about 15.73% ($134,743) of the budget left, even with the gross over draft of the ZBA and the Selectmen budgets, due to legal costs.

  1. Discuss Old Home Day Permit - the board wondered if the State DOT has been consulted and given a permit.  Steve Rockwell has contacted the DOT.
  2. NHES worksheet request/completed by Pat Putnam
  3. Mike Oldershaw asked when Juniper Hill Road repairs would be finished.  It was noted that there is some culvert work that should be done to alleviated the flooding issued.  Steve Philbrick brought pictures of washing gravel that has landed on his property.  He wanted to know how he could get the town to remove the approximate 4" of gravel there.  The Selectmen will ask David Vaillancourt to clean it up as soon as possible.  John Halter said he would visit the property on his way home from this meeting. 
  4. Legal correspondence from Attorney Spear - the jest of the correspondence was to explain when and how Angela Nicoletti could participate in ZBA deliberation.  It said she can be active in all issues before the board now, but would have to recuse herself if AT&T brings the application back to be considered.

 

NEW BUSINESS

  1. Notice of Hearing, Kenneth R Holland v. Town of Stoddard
  2. Abatement – Northern New England Telephone Operations, LLC, (Fair Point) with a denial recommended - Jim said their property tax exemption has expired and the taxes are due. 
  3. Abatement – PSNH, denial recommended, see notes from Cross Country Appraisal.  A Supreme Court ruling has previously approved the method that the Town is using to formulate their property taxes.
  4. There was an announcement from the State of NH DOS for a FEMA informational meeting to be held on June 27 @ 1:30 pm at the Keene Public Library.  The meeting will explain the compensation toward expenses incurred in the recent rainstorm and the method to applying for reimbursement of those costs.

 

OTHER CORRESPONDENCE

Assessor's Exchange

NH Civil Engineer

No action taken on these items.

 

ADJOURN - Arnie Stymest moved and Louis GrandPre' seconded to adjourn at 8:15 pm, the board approved.

 

 

Respectfully submitted,

 

 

 

Patricia E. Putnam

Administrative Assistant          

 

Approved:

 

 

_________________________      ________________________      _________________

John Halter                                       Louis GrandPre'                                   Arnie Stymest

 

           

 

 

 

 

 

SELECTMEN’S MEETING

AGENDA

JUNE 18, 2012

 

 

 

 

APPOINTMENTS

            7:00  Harry Power – Building Permits

 

Recess Selectmen's Meeting to open Special Bond Hearing

 

TOWN OF STODDARD

 

NOTICE OF SPECIAL BOND HEARINGS

 

 

The Town of Stoddard will hold  two public hearings at the Stoddard Town Hall on Monday, June 18, 2012 at 7:15 P.M., in accordance with Chapter 33 of the Municipal Finance Act, to discuss the proposed issuance of  bonds or notes in excess of $100,000.  The proposed bonds or notes are for the purpose of repairs, expansion and improvements to the Stoddard Town Hall including, but not limited to construction of a full basement with offices, new roof, new siding and exterior trim, cupola reconstruction, heating system, insulating outer walls, entrances, site work and any other related needs as may be necessary; and to borrow, in the name of the municipality, by issuance of serial notes or bonds, a sum not to exceed $765,000, Article 3, or for the same work just described, but excluding the completion of the offices in the lower level of the building with an estimated cost of $565,000, Article 2.

 

These bond hearings were previously held on April 9 and April 16 but need to be re-held due to the continuance of the annual town meeting, which resulted in the previous bond hearings being greater than the maximum sixty days allowed before the date of the actual vote. The public is encouraged to attend, and anyone with a special need is asked to contact the Town office by June 13.

 

At the conclusion of the Bond Hear(s) for Article 2 & 3, the Selectmen's meeting will reconvene.

   

           

TO BE SIGNED/APPROVED

  1. Minutes of July 11, 2012
  2. Island Pond Association Annual Meeting
  3. Accounts Payable Manifest

 

OLD BUSINESS

  1. Discuss recent Gould House inspection
  2. Discuss Old Home Day Permit
  3. NHES worksheet request/completed by Pat Putnam
  4. Legal correspondence from Attorney Spear

 

NEW BUSINESS

  1. Notice of Hearing, Kenneth R Holland v. Town of Stoddard
  2. Abatement – Northern New England Telephone Operations, LLC, Fairpoint, denial recommended.
  3. Abatement – PSNH, denial recommended, see notes from Cross Country Appraisal.

 

OTHER CORRESPONDENCE

Assessor's Exchange

NH Civil Engineer

 

 

 

SPECIAL BOND HEARINGS

Submitted by stoddard on Wed, 06/20/2012 - 6:02pm.

TOWN OF STODDARD

SPECIAL BOND HEARINGS

 

           

The Selectmen opened the Bond hearing at 7:15 pm:

John Halter - yes

Louis GrandPre' - yes

Arnie Stymest - yes

 

Jim Coffey explained that the reason for this hearing was due to the recessed town meeting being over 60 days from the last bond hearing.

Jim Coffey explained the 15-year and 20-year note estimates that the New Hampshire Municipal Bond Bank provided.  He also told the board that People's United Bank, which the town does business with, is interested in issuing the bonds and believes they can beat the interest rate at the Bond Bank.  He did say that the bond fees and legal fees could cost  between $6,000 & $8,000 and be on top of the bonded amount.  A schedule for both terms was made available.  An additional expense will be for the swing space needed by town employees to perform their work.

Mike Oldershaw asked if the interest rate was fixed - yes - with repayment of interest to begin 7/15/2013 with principal repayment to begin 1/15/2014.

Jim Coffey said that the immediacy of construction start time, due to seasonal issues, might cause the Town to borrow a Bond Anticipation Note until the bond is issued as bonds are issued in structured time frames. 

Arlene DiCorcia asked why the notice was using the $765,000 instead of the $1,200,000 estimate which has been discussed.  Jim Coffey explained that the amounts that were published needed to be in this bond hearing and  that the amount will be amended by the Selectmen at the recessed meeting on July 10, 2012.  Arnie Stymest also said we now have much better estimates to work with.  John Halter said the June 26th meeting will be opened and immediately recessed to July 10, 2012 at the Faulkner School at 7:00 pm.

 

John Halter moved and Louis GrandPre' seconded to close the Bond Hearing at 7:30 pm, the board approved.

John Halter - yes

Louis GrandPre' - yes

Arnie Stymest - yes

 

John Halter moved and Arnie Stymest seconded to return to the Board of Selectmen's meeting, the board approved.

 

Respectfully submitted,

 

 

 

Patricia E. Putnam

Administrative Assistant

To the Selectmen

 

 

 

APPROVED:

 

 

 

_________________________      ________________________      _________________

John Halter                                       Louis GrandPre'                                   Arnie Stymest

 

 

 

 

SELECTMENS MEETING MINUTES OF JUNE 11, 2012

Submitted by stoddard on Wed, 06/13/2012 - 7:06pm.

SELECTMEN MEETING MINUTES

JUNE 11, 2012

 

The meeting opened at 7:00 PM with the Pledge of Allegiance.

 

Attendees included Arnie Stymest, Selectman, John Halter, Selectman Chair, Louis GrandPre', Selectman, Harry Power, Compliance Officer, Jim Coffey, Town Administrator and Patricia Putnam, Administrative Assistant.  Several attended the meeting as on lookers.

 

APPOINTMENTS

            7:00            Harry Power - presented one building permit from George Preston for a wood shed - the Board approved it.  Harry said he is monitoring the work being done on the Faulkner house across Kings Highway from the Town Hall to make sure it is replaces in the same footprint as the demolished ell of the house.  Jim Coffey reported that Mrs. Faulkner had already picked up a building permit application for the work.  Harry has let them know that they would have to provide a PUC number from the state.

            7:15            Dan Scully – Phase 2 Pricing Discussion - Larry Woolson and Dan Scully presented MacMillin's Phase 2 Town Hall renovation estimate for finishing the basement offices - MacMillin's estimate is $324,768.00 with details:

Phase 1 raise, install basement, lower and repair Town Hall Building     $767,457

Phase 2 finishing basement for offices                                                                 $324,768

Add Electric Service underground                                                                        $  11,473

Change windows to Historical wooden windows                                                $  -1,330

Total for Project                                                                                                      $1,102,368

An alternate (add) for Air Conditioning on offices level                                  $41,450

A second alternate (add) for replacement of radiation heat on main level $11,088

The project would be substantially completed in 6 months and if started August 1, 2012 - would be January 31, 2013.  If necessary MacMillin would return in the spring of 2013 for 4 weeks to paint the exterior and perform final clean up of site.

Added expenses would include bond costs and swing time space (to house offices during construction).

Dan Scully agreed to develop a power point presentation for the Town Meeting on July 10, 2012 to explain the Article 3 plan.

John Halter said the Selectmen should table Article 2 and present Article 3 for consideration.  If Article 3 fails, it only takes a simple majority to take Article 2 off the table.  Arnie Stymest said there should be a review of the history that brought about Article 3.  Jim Coffey reminded the board that the bond interest isn't going to get any better (lower).

John Halter asked what the savings would be to have the offices in a central office instead of separate offices.  Larry Woolson said it would bring the cost down.  Louis GrandPre' said there have to be walls for each office to provide security for the officers and their equipment and records.  Jim Coffey stated that it is not feasible to work in an open arena office setting.

            7:45            Dean Huber – electrical/Gould House - Dean Huber had several questions and clarifications.  The Selectmen asked Dean to start his work by removing the fire alarm bell and pull station from the entranceway of the town hall.  When considering the replacement of the electrical service panel, Dean suggested the Generator box be included in the 200 AMP panel.  He recommended having a "Whole House" size Generator but to watch the load to prevent overloading the service.  Copiers and printers draw a lot of power where computers and lights do not.  Dean wanted to know when his work should be started.  Jim Coffey said he could start by getting the service and emergency shut off and he would work with Dean to see what money is available in the current budget year to stay within the bottom line.

Louis GrandPre' said a visit with Monahon and Dean should be done before any work is started in the Gould House.

Richard Gariepy asked if the need for swing space was driving the necessity to repair the Gould House electrical issues.  He feels there are other options for town office swing space.  Richard Briere stated that the town owned building, for whatever use, should be made safe.  He said Monahon had advised that the Gould House was OK for use for groups of 15 - 30 people.  Louis GrandPre' disagreed saying that if there are more than 15 people in the building at one time, a second, handicapped bathroom must be installed.

John Halter wondered if that included temporary, swing space use.  Louis GrandPre' agreed to call Monahon to walk through the Gould House with Dean Huber and the Selectmen.

Arlene DiCorcia asked it the state has an electrical inspector.  The answer is yes, but he is woefully overworked and it would take months to have him come to town.  As this is a space that might be needed by August 1, 2012, it is conducive to get started on the parts of the electrical system that needs work.  After the wishes of the town are known, the town will need swing space very quickly.

Louis GrandPre' moved and John Halter seconded to authorize replacement of the electrical panel now, the board approved.  Richard Gariepy suggested the town start formulating office space if Article 3 fails.  Dean Huber noted that the Nelson staff has been relocated to a mill building in Harrisville while repairs and updates are performed on the Nelson Town Offices.

Richard Gariepy reported that the Building Committee is exploring the use of the Carlisle Building.

 

TO BE SIGNED/APPROVED

  1. Accounts Payable Manifest - signed
  2. Payroll Manifest - signed
  3. Town Hall Rental Request for Yoga - signed with the rent of $100 being collected, the same as last year and a certificate of insurance being provided.

 

OLD BUSINESS

  1. Discuss Waste Management Contract Extension with Administrator - Jim Coffey reported his conversation with Roy Boyer, manager of Waste Management, on their offer to extend their 5 year contract for the Transfer Station for 5 more years, past the current contract end date of 6/2013.  Waste Management approached the town with an offer to extend the current contract, with a slight roll back of the monthly fee and to agree on a CPI fixed rate of 2.5% for the remainder of the extension.  They also agreed to roll back the start of the lower monthly fee to May 1, 2012.  Arnie Stymest moved and John Halter seconded to accept the extension with the 2.5% CPI, the board approved.
  2. Discuss Joint Loss Management Committee - Jim Coffey reported that he is formulating a team for the committee (safety committee, actually) and another non-management employeeis needed to serve.  He is considering Debby McGerty and Harry Power for employees and John Halter and himself for the management component.  Harry agreed to serve.  This committee must meet quarterly to work on safety issue, by state law.  The Library has completed correction of the safety issues found by the Labor Department and they are now in compliance.

 

NEW BUSINESS

  1. Discuss Cruiser Purchase Order with Administrator - Jim Coffey reported that he is working with David Vaillancourt to purchase a new cruiser.  Hillsboro Ford has presented the best price at $37,426.  They have one in stock but Jim said if they order one, delivering it after September 1, 2012, the insurance company would pick up the coverage at no charge for the balance of the policy year.  He also said the first payment on the cruiser would be $10,418 for everything except the radar gun which will come out of the police budget.  Louis GrandPre' moved and Arnie Stymest seconded to approve the purchase, ordering the new vehicle to arrive at or after 9/1/2012, the board approved.  Arnie Stymest asked about the weekends not being covered by patrol.  Jim Coffey said Dominic Busto hasn't been in town.  Discussion centered on finding someone, who is already certified, to fill the gap in coverage.  It was thought that there must be some part time officer in a surrounding town who is looking for more work and who could fill this position.
  2. PA28 Inventory Form Response to DRA - the Selectmen signed the form to notify the State that we would not be using Inventories again this year.  This form will let the state know not print enough for the Town of Stoddard's use.

 

RUDIMENTARY QUESTIONS

Patricia Putnam asked if the Supervisors of the Check List could use the BOS office on nights when the Planning Board is holding a meeting and the State mandates the Supervisory to hold a meeting and conversations make each meeting hard to hear.  She explained that she would be here and could unlock the office.  Jim Coffey said a table would be put up for their use in that space.  The board agreed to the idea.

 

OTHER CORRESPONDENCE

  1. Copy of Insurance Reimbursement for ZBA – AT&T Legal - a copy of the check was show.
  2. June 5, 2012 Planning Board Minutes

No action was taken on these items.

 

ADJOURNED

Arnie Stymest moved and Louis GrandPre' seconded to adjourn at 8:27 pm, the board agreed.

 

 

 

RESPECTFULLY SUBMITTED

 

 

 

Patricia E. Putnam

Adminstrative Assistant

 

APPROVED

 

 

 

______________________     _______________________     __________________

John Halter                               Louis GrandPre'                          Arnie Stymest

 

 

 

 

 

 

SELECTMEN’S MEETING

AGENDA

JUNE 11, 2012

 

APPOINTMENTS

            7:00            Harry Power

            7:15            Dan Scully – Phase II Pricing Discussion

            7:45            Dean Huber – electrical/Gould House

           

TO BE SIGNED/APPROVED

  1. Accounts Payable Manifest
  2. Payroll Manifest
  3. Town Hall Rental Request for Yoga

 

OLD BUSINESS

  1. Discuss Waste Management Contract Extension with Administrator
  2. Discuss Joint Loss Management Committee

 

NEW BUSINESS

  1. Discuss Cruiser Purchase Order with Administrator
  2. PA28 Inventory Form Response to DRA

 

OTHER CORRESPONDENCE

  1. Copy of Insurance Reimbursement for ZBA – AT&T Legal
  2. June 5, Planning Board Minutes

   

 

 

SELECTMENS MEETING MINUTES OF JUNE 4, 2012

Submitted by stoddard on Wed, 06/06/2012 - 5:30pm.

SELECTMEN MEETING MINUTES

JUNE 4, 2012

 

The meeting opened at 7:00 PM with the Pledge of Allegiance.

 

Attendees included Arnie Stymest, Selectman, John Halter, Selectman Chair, Louis GrandPre', Selectman, Harry Power, Compliance Officer, Jim Coffey, Town Administrator and Patricia Putnam, Administrative Assistant.  Several attended the meeting as on lookers.

 

APPOINTMENTS

            7:00      Harry Power - presented 5 building permits that have been approved with the exception of Debby & Brian Michaud, his family, which Jim Coffey approved with the Selectmen's consent which represents over $1,000 in fees.

7:30            Chief LaMothe (Non-Public - personnel) - John Halter moved to go into a non-public session as per RSA 91-A:3 at 7:30 pm, Arnie Stymest seconded:

John Halter - yes

Arnie Stymest - yes

Louis GrandPre' - yes.

 

Selectmen moved to leave the Non-Public session at 7:42 pm:

John Halter - yes

Arnie Stymest - yes

Louis GrandPre' - yes

The minutes were ordered sealed indefinitely.

 

RUDIMENTARY QUESTIONS

            1.  Ken Holland and his attorney asked why a Site Visit is being scheduled by the Board of Selectmen when the ZBA is deliberating their application for a Special Exception to allow a business in the Rural District.  John Halter said the board would step aside until the ZBA has ruled on their application, the board agreed.

            2.  Michael Oldershaw reported that some of the culverts on Juniper Hill Road are plugged, causing further erosion to the travel surface.  Jim Coffey talked to David Vaillancourt about a couple culverts that need clearing.  David Vaillancourt arrived and agreed that the culverts on Juniper Hill Road need drainage work.  One, by Steve Philbrick's, needs to be replaced.  He announced that there have been 16 loads of gravel used to repair that road.  He needs to replace 40' of culvert there.  He feels that Juniper Hill Road really needs more culverts installed to direct the run off.  David also advised that there are 2 culverts on the backside of Granite Lake that are plugged and really should be replaced, as there are holes in the pipe.  It will be an expensive project.  He also advised that there is a 60' culvert on Center Pond Road, which is plugged and should be replaced (where an orange cone is placed).  The most storm damage was to Juniper Hill Road and Center Pond Road.  Shedd Hill Road needs some cutting of tar and filling in of washed out places.

3.  Harry Power advised the board to have their attorney present at the ZBA hearing (June 21, 2012) on the Ken Holland application.  He felt the legal advisor should be included due to the Court Order that has been levied against Mr. Holland.  John Halter moved and Arnie Stymest seconded to ask Atty. Bradley to accompany the Selectmen to the hearing, the board approved.

 

TO BE SIGNED/APPROVED

  1. Accounts Payable Manifest
  2. Minutes of May 31, 2012

3.  Pistol/Revolver Permit

4.  Veteran's Tax Credit - will be effective in 2013 as it was sent in after the deadline for this year.

All of the above were signed.

 

OLD BUSINESS

  1. Gould House Electrical Evaluation - Dean Huber evaluated the electrical system in the Gould House at the Selectmen's request.  His report was read and discussed.  Arnie Stymest moved and John Halter seconded to repair the deficiencies on the first floor of the Gould House and replace the 100 Amp service with a 200 Amp service to anticipate the building's use for swing time placement of the Town Offices while the repair of the Town Hall is being done (if the repairs are approved) - the board approved.  John Halter recommended the repairs be done on a time and materials basis to start July 1, 2012 with the board approving.
  2. Fire Marshall Review of Town Hall Plans - the board took the report and will wait for Dan Scully's visit on June 11th to address any problems the Fire Marshall found.
  3. Orr & Reno Invoice Cover Letter - had a 2-month invoice included for $18,000+ for work on the AT&T federal court lawsuit.

4.  Waste Management proposal for a 5-year extension of the present contract with a slight roll back on the monthly fee through June 2013.  Jim Coffey reported that he had a conversation with Roy Boyer where Roy related that he has been in an accident and has several broken bones and cannot come here for a meeting.  John Halter moved and Arnie Stymest seconded that the board is interested in the proposal but would like to know if Waste Management would lower the Consumer Price Index (CPI) for one more year and make the agreement effective as of May 1, 2012.  The board approved with Louis GrandPre' abstaining.  Jim Coffey will have a discussion with Waste Management.

 

 

NEW BUSINESS

  1.  Recommendation from Tammy Jameson for Abatement Request from Carole Briere.  Jim Coffey reported the Assessor Tammy Boyd-Jamison's recommendation on the application.  She found that the property was over assessed by $10,780.  The Selectmen agreed to grant the abatement, refunding Mrs. Briere the overpayment amount plus interest.

2.  R-T-K request from Anderson & Kreiger, LLP (AT&T Case) - Jim related that the board has received yet another request for Right to Know information that concerns legal advice between council and the ZBA board.  The Selectmen decided to consult with Sam Bradley; legal council for a ruling on what is R-T-K and what is privileged.

3.  Bond Hearing - Jim Coffey reported that he neglected to post a new bond hearing on Article #3 of the recessed Town Meeting in a timely manner.  He has drawn up the posting but the timing doesn't leave enough time to be able to conduct an article, which relies on Bonds to finance, on June 26, 2012.  He suggested that the Recessed Town Meeting be reconvened on June 26 and immediately recessed to July 10, 2012 at 7:00 pm at the Faulkner Elementary School.  John Halter thought the extra time would work to the town's advantage with more firm prices being available on the proposed repairs to the Town Hall.

 

OTHER CORRESPONDENCE

      Various items in folder - no action taken on anything in the folder.

 

RESPECTFULLY SUBMITTED

 

 

 

 

Patricia E. Putnam

Administrative Assistant

 

 

APPROVED

 

 

 

_______________                    ________________                 _________________

John Halter                               Louis GrandPre'                       Arnie Stymest

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

SELECTMEN’S MEETING

AGENDA

JUNE 4, 2012

 

 

APPOINTMENTS

            7:00      Harry Power

            7:30            Chief LaMothe (Non-Public - personnel)

           

TO BE SIGNED/APPROVED

  1. Accounts Payable Manifest
  2. Minutes of May 31, 2012
  3. Pistol/Revolver Permit

 

OLD BUSINESS

  1. Gould House Electrical Inspection
  2. Fire Marshall Review of Town Hall Plans
  3. Orr & Reno Invoice Cover Letter

 

NEW BUSINESS

  1.  Recommendation from Tammy Jameson for Abatement Request from Carole Briere.
  2. R-T-K request from Anderson & Kreiger, LLP (AT&T Case)

 

OTHER CORRESPONDENCE

            Various items in folder

 

 

 

Contact the webmaster at info@stoddardnh.org