The Stoddard Transfer Station is a residential only solid waste facility operated by Waste Management for the residents and property owners of the town. It is located on Route 123 just north of the boat access at the Southern end of Highland Lake and Dead Brook. A "Dump Sticker" is required and may be obtained from the Town Clerk or Selectmen's Office.
Residents at the North end of Highland Lake may also use the Town Of Washington's Transfer Station, subject to their rules. Persons with questions about the operation should contact the Town Office at 603-446-3326.
Listed below are the rules for the Stoddard Transfer Station.
Town of Stoddard
Transfer Station Policies
1. The Stoddard Transfer Station is available for use to property tax payers and renters of the Town of Stoddard only.
2. A current Transfer Station sticker must be displayed at all times for use. Renters must obtain a current sticker from their landlord. Only two (2) stickers will be issued for each household. Transfer station stickers are available at the town offices.
3. All materials must be deposited in the appropriate containers only. Any questions should be directed to the on-site attendant. The attendant has been placed in control of the facility by the Town of Stoddard and your full cooperation is expected.
4. Hazardous materials cannot be accepted at the Stoddard Transfer Station and must be deposited at facilities authorized to receive such materials, the closest location is in Keene, NH at the Keene Transfer Station on Route 12 North. Materials accepted and specific dates and times are available by calling the Keene Transfer @ 352-5739.
5. Construction & Demolition debris will be accepted at the Stoddard Transfer Station, however it is limited to one 1/2 Ton Pickup truck per week. Residents who have larger needs are encouraged to us a commercial hauler service of your choice and arrange for this service privately.
6. Car and small truck tires are limited to not more than two (2) per week and must be off the rim.
7. For safety reasons, all persons must exit the Transfer Station immediately after depositing materials. At no time will there be anyone, other than the attendant, in any of the general areas or buildings.
8. Commercially generated waste is not accepted in any form.
Hours: Saturday & Sunday, 9:00AM to 4:00PM
June through Columbus Day, Wednesday Noon to 4:00PM.
The facility is also open on Labor Day, Memorial Day and Columbus Day in addition to the regular hours.
The facility is closed on Christmas and Easter.