Dock & Wetland Permits

Before any activity involving dock construction, dredge and fill activity in wetlands, and working within 250 feet of the shoreline of any public body of water (lakes 10 acres in size or greater) is conducted, property owners and contractors should understand the laws and have the necessary permits. This information can be obtained by writing to the NH Department of Environmental Services (NHDES) 29 Hazen Drive P.O. Box 95 Concord, NH 03302-0095 or calling (603) 271-3503. You can obtain copies of the permit application at the town clerk's office or on-line from the State of NH Department of Environmental Services web page.